About Us: Administrative, Local, and Community Support
The Administrative, Local, and Community Support (ALCS) section of the Division of Public Health (DPH) provides both direct and indirect services to the public and local health agencies. Much of our work focuses on providing support which allows the business of public health to operate as seamlessly as possible, so that the Division may better serve the public.
(Note: DPH Human Resources and ALCS are "sister" service units. We work together to achieve goals for the public and DPH employees.)
- ALCS Section Office (XLS, 23 KB)
- Business Operations Contacts (XLS, 52 KB)
- Health Information System (HIS); Contacts (XLS, 24 KB)
- Information Technology: DPH Information Technology (DPH-IT) serves the Public Health user community by providing innovative, contemporary and accessible technology in computing, media and communication services so the user community can more effectively meet its goals. DPH-IT collaborates with Public Health and other North Carolina state government entities to provide this technological leadership. Contacts (XLS, 48 KB)
- Local Technical Assistance and Training: The Local Technical Assistance & Training Branch works to strengthen the capacity of local health departments to improve the health of people and communities in North Carolina. The Branch is the Division of Public Health's primary interface with local health directors. Services include generalized nursing consultation, administrative consultation, and accreditation. Contacts (XLS, 12 KB)