Forensic Tests for Alcohol: Law Enforcement Training
The Forensic Tests for Alcohol Branch provides training to federal, state, county and municipal law enforcement agencies who have the responsibility of administering chemical analyses to drivers charged with implied consent offenses.
- Officers are trained and permitted as Chemical Analysts to operate the Intox EC/IR II breath alcohol testing instrument. The Intox EC/IR II is utilized by officers to test drivers charged with Driving While Impaired.
- Officers receive training on the use of Alcohol Screening Test Devices (ASTD) and receive a certificate upon completion. ASTDs are utilized by officers in testing drivers suspected of Driving While Impaired.
- Officers are trained and certified in the Drug Evaluation and Classification Program as Drug Recognition Experts (DRE). DREs evaluate drivers suspected of impairment by alcohol and/or drug(s).
- Officers are trained and certified in DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST). SFST training enhances the officer's knowledge, skills and abilities in the detection and apprehension of the impaired driver.
- Officers are trained and receive a certificate in Drugged Impaired Driving (DID). DID training enhances the officer's knowledge, skills and abilities in the detection and apprehension of the impaired driver.